Volunteers staffed the school library during the summer months during the 1920s – early 1940s and allowed Eudora residents to borrow books. In 1945, women volunteers opened a library that closed in 1950 because of insufficient space for books.
Next, the local Parent Teacher Association acquired books from the Topeka State Library for school-aged children from 1950 to 1965.
Starting in June 1967, Antonette Brecheisen, Susan Hamilton, Karen McKean, Alice Richardson, and Minnie Edelbrock volunteered as librarians in a library housed in a mobile unit on the school grounds. Youth groups and other volunteers held fundraisers to support the library.
The library was moved to 727 Main Street in December 1967. Norma Lutz served as the first paid librarian. A February 6, 1968 election established the Eudora Public Library under Kansas State Statute 12-1220. Eudora and EudoraTownship voters, too, approved a 1 mill levy to fund the library.
The first library board consisted of Mrs. Lloyd Brecheisen, Donald Richardson, Mrs. Tom Akin, Mrs. Oscar Westerhouse, Mrs. Gerald Grosdidier, and Ralph Votaw (township representative). At this time, too, the Eudora Public Library joined the Northeast Kansas Library System.
The Eudora City Council granted permission in September 1973 to use a city park site on Ninth Street between Main and Elm streets as a proposed building site.
An October 5, 1974 bond election passed that allowed $90,000 in taxes for construction of a new building completed in the fall of 1975. Its official dedication was April 25, 1976.