*Story Time (ages 3-5) Wednesdays 9:30-10:15am (school year)-This story time focus on 6×6. The six skills that children need to know before they learn to read–around the age of six. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!!!
*TinyToys-an area in the old library catalog that has several hands on games and activities for all ages to enjoy. Just pull out a drawer and start playing! Games include Battleship, Uno, Dominoes, Mr. Potato Head, and more!
*CraftyTime-in our main library area, this is a place where at anytime ANYONE can participate in whatever craft is displayed on the table. These change monthly and range in theme and variety of difficulty.
*Summer Reading (all ages). Sign-up begins the last week of May. Summer reading includes an exiting kick-off program, entertaining weekly activities (mostly take-home), and ends with a splash! For those who COMPLETE the summer reading requirements there is a pool party!
1. Go to: kslib.info/tumblebooks
2. Click on the logo in the center of the page
3. Click the “read online” button when you find a book you like!!
AWE EARLY LITERACY STATION-
1. Housed in the library’s children’s department
2. Ages 2-8
3. A comprehensive, turnkey educational solution loaded with over 60 educational software titles for kids ages 2–8. The Early Literacy Station™ offers children a safe, standalone computer not connected to the Internet that is age-appropriate, engaging, and academically relevant for children. It is designed to support school readiness and technology access while making learning exciting and engaging.